30 ene 2012

the malloys brothers. " DAN,CHRIS,KEITH "






Keith Malloy


Bio
Patagonia Men's Surfing Ambassador Keith MalloyBeyond being a wave maestro, Keith is known as the guy who’s always up for “doing stuff that makes you really tired” – like paddleboarding across the bay to his folks’ place so that he arrives just in time for a dinner. Not so secretly into country music, Keith will write, play and sing his own stuff if conditions are just right. Addictions include: raw fish, his iPod and ChapStick. Unforgettable memory: Chile ’04. Nicknames include “Hay-maker” and “Double-Dip” (only girls get to call him “Goldie Locks”).
 
 

Chris Malloy

Biogen4_ambass_c_malloy_2_4.jpg
The oldest of the three Malloy brothers, Chris looks at his ADD as a good thing, "I think its a brand of 'crazy' that fits me quite well. It just always seems like there is too much good stuff to do on this planet for one lifetime; I guess I can catch up on sleep when I'm dead (laughs)."
He lives off the grid with his wife Carla, son Lucas and daughter Pearl and part of every day is spent with them growing greens, raising beef, hunting fish or wandering on the 15,000 acre ranch they live on in California.
Favorite board?
"I've got a 5'10" FCD Fish I can't stop riding. The sucker just flies!"
Favorite hobby?
"I'm a full-fledged bibliophile; I'll spend days just researching worthless things that pique my interest."
Favorite Patagonia product?
"The Light and Variable Surf Trunks. Since it’s illegal to surf naked in California, surfing in them is the closest I might ever get."


Dan Malloy


Bio
Patagonia Ambassador for Surfing Dan MalloyIt’s not easy to find “Danny Boy.” Friends know to check the water first, before even going to the house. And forget calling.
“I threw out my cell phone a few years ago. Enough is enough.”
Most-used toys?
“My flippers, my Skip Frye, my thruster, my fish, my alaia.”
Favorite sustenance?
"Grace's chicken soup and homemade yogurt and San Julian burgers."
Favorite Patagonia products
“At all times, in the back of my truck, I have a Black Hole Duffel bag filled with an R3, Light and Variable Surf Trunks, Buckshot Flannel, Builder Pants, and Welder Shirt. I love working on these products year after year, just making little tweaks to make them that much better."
Recent Projects
Dan is currently living in Lompoc, CA with his fiancé, Grace, helping to take care of his family's ranch. When he's not spending time at Patagonia or on the road testing product and surfing, he has been learning bits and pieces about farming and ranching.
"Turns out that protecting your home break means learning about the community and heritage - both on land and in the sea - that supports it. Since we all eat every day, farming seems like a good place to start if you're trying to learn about anything from water quality to local lore."

enjoy the videos...the malloys(surfing) brothers


 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario